Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I think I have changed my mind about wanting a new kitchen, unfortunately it is a bit late, as the builders have been and ripped out half of the existing kitchen and one wall.  What a mess!  The cobwebs alone were noteworthy.

Then Nice Husband informed me today that Kitchen Man can't actually come and put in the new kitchen for a month, so we will be cooking with an electric wok and a microwave from now till god knows when.  I foresee many trips to The Lappo for dinner and maybe now is the time to eat all those frozen dinners I made back in 2006 and froze in little plastic bags, "for emergencies".  I did clean out my food cupboard and was impressed to find a potato bake mix with a use by date of 2004.  Which doesn't quite beat Derek and Kerrys frozen chicken that moved house with them three times and was finally named Cedric.  


Anyway, I was a chirpy unit today as I got out and did a 5km run at lunch time and had NO ACHILLES PAIN!!  Yahoo.  Started to feel very positive, plus it is getting cooler, let the training begin.


I was thinking I might do another shortish run tonight, that was until I came home to Kitchen Massacre.  So I spent about two hours filling plastic rubbish bags with shite that we have collected over the years and stuffed into the kitchen drawers, you know, the ones under the cutlery drawers.  I found a marriage certificate, some chopsticks and twenty bucks in a birthday card that I forgot to send.  Bargain.  I also did some weight lifting in the form of lifting the old kitchen cabinets out onto the front deck.  I told myself two hours of moving shite around the kitchen was good for endurance, although I may be kidding myself.

The rest of the week I have rides, runs and PT sessions planned, but our water polo session has been postponed due to the Blue Green Algae in the lakes at the moment.  Apparently it is dangerous to dogs and pigs, but the ducks are fine.  You don't see too many dogs or pigs swimming down the Regatta Centre so that is a relief.  









 

No comments:

Post a Comment