Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Scundered Eejits and Banjaxed Running

Woo hoo my first post on my brand new blog, that I have had for about nine months now and done absolutely NOTHING with. That's dedication.

So why suddenly a blog?

Drum roll, much holding of breath, dramatic pause etc etc....I am going to run a marathon. That's right, run 42.2km without stopping for a coffee, some lunch or a wander through some shops.

So this blog is going to be both a training diary and a record of how it is all going, hopefully up to and including the big day itself, which will be sometime in July 2010 at the M7 marathon and is a picturesque little route that passes by waste treatment plants and motorways. Brilliant!

This morning, to start the training proper, I got up at 4.45am to run with other like minded individuals up and down a big hill in the mountains. Ten times. Jelly legs a-quiver.

Ok that is enough waffling on for now.

I ordered some running clothes on line to help lift motivation levels. A RED skirt. I will let you know if it makes me go faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment