Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Blethery Nonsense

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and all the Saints.  Today I had my first ever massage.

Pain city.

Ever since SMC and then the cliffs of Kedumba, I have been in a bad way.  Ankles, calves, buttocks, you name it, tight as Bon Jovi's jeans and walking sideways like a crab out of bed in the mornings.  Gingerly easing down the stairs at home like a 70 year old.  It was a struggle to put my knickers on.

So, whilst Himself got tarted up with a new haircut, I treated myself to a massage at the chinese bloke at K-Mart.

Never having had a massage before, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was allowed to keep all my clothes on so I was a happy camper initially.

To what sounded like the Soundtrack from "Enter The Dragon" he got down to it.  At first I thought he was trying to push his thumbs through my skin, but that was only the start of it.  Everything he did was either agony, tickly or downright kinky.  When he had finished, I didn't know whether to thank him, slap him, or kiss him.

I now know that the back of my knees are almost my most tickly spot, but my sides under my rib cage come a close second.

When I got up off his torture table, I was totally soaked in sweat, but oddly enough, felt something was missing.  My sore back!  Or maybe it was just that he had stopped pushing at it.  I dunno, but I felt great afterwards.

I will try to run tomorrow again.  Yesterday I did some stationery bike, the most boring exercise known to man, some weights and then walked Buffy for an hour.  My ankles niggled and grumbled even doing that.

Today I also looked at bikes.  I think I have found a road bike I like and your man in the shop is ordering one in so I can take it for a test drive.  Gulp.  Then I have to get my brave head on and ride the damn thing.   Quite terrified and excited at the same time.

I had a terrible dream last night, that I got done for drunken driving whilst driving the car from the back seat.  My legs must have miraculously got longer.  Anyway I woke up and wondered if it were a dream, because I was quite depressed at the prospect of jail.

I still haven't entered that North Face.  Chicken.  I got an email from Greg today and was scared to open it.  It was about something else, but I daren't reply until I have entered us.  Am I kidding myself that I can do this?  Probably, but there's only one way to find out....

1 comment:

  1. Indeed I have a blog. Yours is now on my blogroll.Keep up the good work. How do you find time to write in this and keep up on Facebook?
    cheers, Ray

    ReplyDelete