Monday, April 12, 2010

Caterpillars

Caterpillars....big hairy poisonous ones, they are invading my bedroom and last night I noted they are moving down the stairs.  And there are moths everywhere.  What's going on?

Anyway, I suppose if I do leave all the doors and windows open I will receive opportunist grubs checking out the joint, but it is just such a beautiful time of year.

Last week was my biggest week of running EVER with the following runs:

Monday 29.5km of the North Face course
Tuesday - 5.5km to weir including Cardboard Sleighing
Wednesday - Get Out Of Bed Fail - nada
Thursday - Get Out Of Bed Success - 6.5km

Friday - 5km to weir - no cardboard sleighing
Saturday - 40km up hill and down dale (Woodford to Glenbrook to Woodford)
Sunday - 6.5km Boorea Street loop

Wow - 93km for the week.  And I am still standing and not making old lady noises when I move!!  Wooooohoooooooo!!

A very wise man told me once that your mind gives up before your body does.  Somehow (and I have no idea how) I talked myself into believing I could run 40km at the weekend.  And guess what?  I did!

I am not sure if I am sounding a bit like a wanker here, but I am dead proud of myself.  I would have happily worn a tee shirt saying "I ran 40kms today" if I had such a garment.  Maybe even a sticker on my forehead would have done.  I will admit to putting up a wanky facebook status and emailing those dear to me of my accomplishment.  So now I should shut up about it and get on with the training.

This week is going to be tough in terms of time management because Tuesday night we have been invited to dinner with Irish friends (late night, some alcohol may be consumed), Friday night is Eoins and Kirstens engagement party, and Saturday night is the Sales Society Ball.  In around all this I plan to fit 82.5km of running (according to my hastily made up plan for the week). 

Tonight is PT with Sven / Darren from Shalvey.  I will have to stop calling him that because he tells me he is coming along to the next SMC.  I hope he has something easy for me this week because frankly, I am knackered.  Last night in bed my legs must have still thunk they were running, because they were jiggling around all over the place.  I had to get up and sleep in the spare room because they kept involuntarily kicking Small Dog.  God I was grumpy and cross eyed this morning until that first coffee kicked in.

Oh and there was a big snake on the Oaks Trail!  Didn't I say earlier about death adders on the trail?  Well these guys on Saturday described this Tiger Snake as having a head like a bulldog.  So of course I goes home and googles Tiger Snake only to find they are an angry fierce customer, more cranky than me after a big weekend and no coffee and THEY LIVE ON MY FAVOURITE TRAIL!!  Of course every single stick, leaf or moving thing I saw after that resembled a cross between a snake and a bulldog.  Which is probably why I finished that run in record time for me!!





No comments:

Post a Comment