Friday, January 29, 2010

The Week So Far

Sunday = 18km in National Park.  Slow as something that is very slow indeed.  Painful on ankles.  Felt like I was running on the spot.  Not ONE km was under about 7.5 minute kms.

Tuesday = another 18km in the National Park.  Even slower than Sunday, ran with uninjured faster people, got disheartened and cut my run short.  Ankles very pissed off indeed.

Friday =  hill repeats on Hare Street with Simon.  Ankles revolting.  Ice bath for feet whilst putting makeup on.  Could have ended in disaster had my straighteners fallen in the bucket.  Iced ankles with frozen onions in work.  Bandaged ankles tightly for a while.  Rubbed voltaren into ankles.  Took voltaren tablets.  Elevated ankles.  Did calf raises. 

Terrified beyond belief that they will play up tomorrow.  Have 35km in National Park planned.  Bernie G (fast runner, salt of the earth) is coming up and we are running (and walking) from Woodford to the gates on the Oaks Trail and back - a 35km round trip.  GREAT training for North Face as it is hilly, and trail and the like.  Bed very early tonight.  If I manage the 35km tomorrow, it will be my biggest week of running (around 81.5km), which is not bad considering I FEEL like I have done nothing much.  I guess that is because I haven't run the 35km yet.  Slaps head. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a great run today, I had a great time chatting away as the km's ticked over very quickly. You were very strong and will smash NF. I'm really looking forward to getting out in the bush with again (and soon). Thank you xxx

    Bernie G

    ReplyDelete