Sunday, March 28, 2010

On Friday I did something really naughty and phoned in sick to work when there was absolutely nothing wrong with me, so that I could spend the day running. 

Friday was beautiful weather so I thought I take myself into the National Park and do that 28 km run up to Woodford that I was talking about.

I was a bit nervous, being in the bush on my own, and I will admit to hiding behind a tree when a car came along at one stage, and being well and truly sprung by the surprised driver. 

Anyway, it was ok until about the 20km mark then it got REALLY hot and I got a bit scared about being in the middle of nowhere on my own in the heat and I think I started to panic a bit, but because I just wanted to get it over with, I ran as much as I could but to be honest it was rather an ugly run and one I won't be doing again in a hurry, especially not at midday in the sun on my own. 

Anyway, I've done that run this week plus done the Boorea Street / Mt Riverview run three times as well as the River Run.  So I've done about 55km this week and my legs feel fine (they are tired but not injured), I am just really really hungry!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I couldn't do that run with you yesterday. Hopefully we can do another run soon and hopefully it will be cooler - Friday through to today have been stinkin' hot! No wonder you didn't have the best run.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're assuming that your blog is more private than FB, I guess?

    I've sent a note to the Chairman ...

    Good run, well done you!

    ReplyDelete